Laurel Bulldog Fans
Get your tickets now for the “Bulldogs for Books” Laurel-Seaford Pre-Game Dinner, Nov. 15, at 5 p.m. at the Laurel Middle School Cafeteria. Cost for adults $8, children, $5. Call 875-3184 for tickets. Great prizes - Football and Jersey signed by 2002 Laurel Football Team and more. Help Laurel Public Library kickoff the New Century Capital Campaign and kickoff the Laurel-Seaford Game. Benefits the Laurel Public Library.
Laurel Library Events
For more information call the library at 875-3184.
- Monday, Nov. 18, 6:30 p.m.- Family Story Hour/Read Aloud for families with children of all ages. Interested children are invited to share a short story or poem with the audience. Refreshments will be served.
- Tuesday, Nov. 19, 4:30 p.m.- Come and learn more about the life of local Native Americans!
- Wednesday, Nov. 20, 3-5 p.m.- Children ages six and older are invited to stop by the Library anytime between 3 and 5 p.m. to make their very own book!
- Thursday, Nov. 21, 6:30 p.m.- Children and parents are invited to come to the Library and make puppets for classic children’s stories - and practice putting on a puppet show!
- Friday, Nov. 22, 4:15 p.m. - Start off your weekend with an afternoon of popcorn and a movie!
Honeycombs will perform at Bicentennial Charity Ball
Delaware’s favorite local band for six consecutive years, “The Honeycombs’ will be performing at the Laurel Bicentennial Costume Charity Ball on Nov. 30 from 8 p.m. to midnight at the Laurel Fire Hall. Music ranging from ballroom, waltz, big band, 50s through 2002 will be played during the evening. Something for everyone. Tickets are on sale now for $35 per person and all proceeds will benefit Hope House. A taste of Southern Delaware food buffet will be featured with selections by The Georgia House, RJ Riverside, Britts, The Pit, Another Fine Mess (Catering service) Food Lion, Food Rite, Bargain Bills, and Delmar Pizza. Tickets can be obtained from Johnny Janosik, Dale Boyce, at Ambassador Travel in Seaford, and the following Laureltowne businesses: Seeds, Maxines, MCM Jewelers and Engravers and Accents Florist, or from any Laurel Community Foundation Trustee.
Laurel Basket Bingo
The Laurel Fire Department is holding a Basket Bingo Party, Nov. 19, at 7 p.m. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Advanced tickets are $20 to play. Tickets available at the door for $25 — 20 Bingo Games, 3 cards per game (extra game card at $5 each or 3 for $10) One Basket prize per game.
All prizes are Specialty Baskets. Tickets bought in advance are eligible for Hamper Basket w/lid. Tickets Available by calling: Laurel Fire Department, 875-5666, Bill Hearn 875-7797 or Richard Wells 875-7670.