Community Concerts Membership Drive
The Seaford Community Concert Association is holding its annual membership drive. Now in its 54th year, the Seaford group will present five performances starting this fall. The concert series includes:
All concerts are held at the Seaford Senior High School auditorium at 8 p.m.
Funding for all performances comes solely from the membership dues and contributions from the people and businesses of Sussex County.
Membership fees are: student, $10, $12 after Sept. 15; adult, $35, $40 after Sept. 15; family, $75, $85 after Sept. 15.
Patron gift levels are: friends ($25), contributors ($50), donors $100) and sustainers ($250).
To join, send fees to: Barbara Burket, 102 Rivers End, Seaford, DE 19973. For more information call 629-8657
- Three Hits and A Miss (Oct. 16) - Four vocalists and three instrumentalists present selections from the 1940s and 1950s.
- Jack Daniels Original Silver Coronet Band (Jan. 15) - This 12-piece band brings to life the sights and sounds of the Small Town bands over a half-century ago.
- Cantus (March 3) - This is a 12-member vocal ensemble from Minnesota’s St. Olaf College.
- Mark Twain & The Laughing River (April 7) - Jim Post’s performance will introduce you to the real people behind Mark Twain’s literary characters through song and tale.
- Alison England (April 25) - This show blends power, pathos and passion of opera, Broadway and pop’s best.
Class of 1977 Reunion
Seaford High School Class of 1977 is looking for classmates for the 25th Class Reunion. Anyone with an address or phone number of classmates or who would like to attend and/or help, should contact Tammy William Reagan, 628-7653 or toll free 1-877-302-7653.
Biloxi/New Orleans Trip
Nanticoke Senior Center is hosting a trip to Biloxi, Miss., and New Orleans, Nov. 8 through 16, 9 days-8 nights. For information and reservations call the center 629-4939.
Nanticoke Senior Center Schedule
The Nanticoke Senior Center serves coffee every morning from 7 to 10:30. Additional activities are:
- Friday, Sept. 13 - 9 a.m., pinochle and bridge; 10 a.m., indoor games and activities; 10 a.m., trip to Greenwood Senior Center, entertainment and lunch; 1 p.m., bingo.
- Monday, Sept. 16 - 9 a.m., pinochle and bridge; 10 a.m., indoor games and activities; 11 a.m., gentle exercise class; 1 p.m., bingo. Schools closed today.
- Tuesday, Sept. 17 - 9 a.m., computer 1 class; 9:30 a.m., watercolor class; 10 a.m., indoor games and activities; 10:30 a.m., shopping at Ames and Rose’s; 1 p.m., ice cream social.
- Wednesday, Sept. 18 - 9 a.m., pinochle and bridge; 10 a.m., indoor games and activities, blood pressure checks; 10:30 a.m., craft corner; 11 a.m., gentle exercise class; noon, birthday lunch; 1 p.m., birthday bingo.
- Thursday, Sept. 19 - 9 a.m., computer 1 class; 9:30 a.m., trip to Slaughter Neck Senior Center, entertainment and lunch; 10 a.m., indoor games and activities; 1 p.m., peer sharing group. No Bible study.
Cub Scouts recruiting boys in grades 1 - 5
Boys in grades one through five are invited to join Club Scout Pack #249, chartered by St. John’s United Methodist Church. An informational meeting called “School Night” will be held at Central Elementary auditorium on Thursday, Sept. 19, at 7 p.m.
Representatives from other cub scout packs in Seaford will also be available to answer questions.
For more information contact Mike Tull at 628-0444, or attend a pack meeting held at St. John’s the fourth Tuesday of each month.