Music in the Park
Music in the Park schedule, Market Street, Laurel, Thursdays, from 6:30-8 p.m.:
- Aug. 22 - Peninsula Blue Grass
- Aug. 29 - Rob Caroll
Laurel Alumni News
At the August meeting of the Laurel Alumni Association it was decided to have the “Cow Drop” again in 2003. There will also be a card, autograph, and memorabilia show to raise money for the Alumni Association on Jan. 3, 2002. For more information call Chuck Pugh at 875-4851.
Laurel Library notice
The Laurel Public Library will be closed on Monday, Sept. 2, for Labor Day.
Laurel Ruritan BBQ
The Laurel Ruritan Club will hold a chicken BBQ on Saturday, Aug. 31, from 10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., at O’Neal’s Antiques, Rt. 13, Laurel. Cost is $5 per dinner. Proceeds to benefit local charities.
‘Puss In Boots’
Laurel Public Library will host a special presentation of “Puss In Boots,” performed by the Rehoboth Children’s Theater on Thursday, Aug. 22, at 2 p.m. This performance is appropriate for children of all ages, and is free and open to the public. For more information, call the Library at 875-3184.
Centenary UMC plans for 200th anniversary
Centenary United Methodist Church, Poplar and Market streets, Laurel, is planning its 200th anniversary. The following events have been scheduled:
- Saturday, Sept. 7: Ice Cream Festival and Hymn Sing.
- Sunday, Sept. 22: Dedication Service nd Unveiling of Historic Church Marker.
- Tuesday and Wednesday, Sept. 24 and 25: 50th Annual Antique Show and Sale.
- Saturday, Oct. 12: Teen Dance, “Forever Moon,” a Lam-Jam Group. Debbie Morgan is in charge of the dance.
- Saturday, Oct. 19: Church Organ and Handbell Recital.
- Sunday, Oct. 20: Homecoming Dinner held at Laurel Fire Hall, at 2 p.m., with special music.