ROSS PLANTATION ADDITION



State Representative Ben Ewing, Ross Plantation Director Claudia Melson, Seaford Historical Society President Earl Tull, and Restoration Contractor John Copeland stand in front of the recently added "ham house" which was originally part of Governor Cannon's home on North Main Street in Bridgeville. It is the seventh outbuilding that's been added to the Ross Plantation in order to enhance the historical feel of the property. The ham house dates back to pre-Civil War times and was moved from the Cannon property to the Ewing property in 1940 by Bill Jones, who served as a chauffeur for H.P. Cannon.
Photo by Michael Sullivan

Celebrating Independence - Look inside this edition for a special section with a list of entertainment and events for Laurel's Fourth of July celebration.
On the Web - The Laurel Auction Block adds a new dimension to its marketing strategy to help local farmers maximize profits. Page 2
Deadly mistake - The death of a youth drives home the fact that people need to pay close attention to what they eat. Page 10
All-Stars' shutout - Nanticoke's 10-year-old All-Stars shut out Rehoboth in the opening round of tournament play. Page 18
Delmarva Auto Alley - Pages 14-15