Seaford District Library
Here is what’s happening at the Seaford District Library for the week of June 5-12.
- Summer Reading Program, “Laugh It Up,” June 10-Aug. 8
- First State Community Loan Fund will be at the library on Wednesday, June 11, 6-7 p.m. Information on how to get a small business loan will be presented.
- Knit and Sit on Tuesday, June 10, 6-8 p.m.
- Library Tour for Seniors, Tuesday, June 5, at 10:30 a.m.
- Story Time, Wednesday, June 11, at 10 a.m. for preschoolers.
- Ongoing book sale of used and donated books, including great reference materials such as the 2000 Edition of The Cross Reference Directory of Southern Delaware, $25.
- Feng Shui 101. Certified Practitioner Leslie Lynn Umstetter will present on Monday, June 23, 10:30 a.m.
- La Leche League support group for breast feeding on Wednesday, June 18, 6-8 p.m.
- Summer Reading Program performance, Monday, June 23, at 7 p.m.
All programs are free and open to the public.
Kiwanis Golf Tournament
The Seaford Kiwanis Club is proud to announce its plans for the 17th Annual Foundation Golf Tournament. The proceeds from this anniversary event will go to the Club’s Foundation endowment which provides scholarships to needy and well deserved senior students each year.
This year, the tourney is scheduled for June 13 at the Seaford Golf & Country Club. Any business wishing to sponsor a special event or donate a door prize is encouraged to get involved. Anyone wishing to play should call immediately. The entry fee will include buffet lunch, golf fee, cart, hospitality cart, and awards party. Every participant will receive a bag of goodies and one of the numerous door prizes. Awards up to $250 of merchandise, certificates for closest to the pin and straightest drive, plus a new car and other fabulous prizes for a “Hole-In-One” will be available to all golfers.
The tourney is limited to the first 96 entrants. Anyone wishing information may contact Ron Breeding at 628-6002 day or 629-3964 night.
Concerts in the Park
Seaford Main Street will once again be hosting their Concerts in the Park series. The series will feature free monthly concerts at Gateway Park located at High and Market streets. The next two concerts are:
June 16 - Humanaires
July 7 - Barbershop Quartet and Rosemary Stevenson Clogging
The Downtown Seaford Association will meet June 9, at Dick’s Barber Shop, located at 222 High Street at 7 p.m. Anyone interested in the downtown is welcome.
Babies and Toddlers
The “Parents As Teachers” program (PAT) invites parents and their children from birth to age three to a Free “Stay and Play Center” at Seaford Dept. of Parks & Recreation (SDPR) on Virginia Avenue. Sessions will be on Mondays from 10:30 a.m. to noon, in June, July and August. (Closed on holidays.)
The Center provides an opportunity for parents and caretakers with young children to play together and discuss any parenting questions with a parent educator.Special Events include a car seat check on June 16, from 10 a.m.-noon.
For more information, call Cris Henderson at 875-2781 or Seaford Dept. of Parks & Recreation at 629-6809.
Radio City Trip
Seaford Dept. of Parks & Recreation is planning its a to Radio City Music Hall show. This year’s date is Sunday, Dec. 7. The show time is at noon. The show normally lasts 1-1/2 hours. You will have free time from show’s end until 5:30 p.m. We will be leaving New York at 5:45. The first-come first-served basis is in effect. There are 46 seats available. Cost for the trip is $87 which includes show ticket and bus ticket. Bus is a motor coach. Call the recreation office at 629-6809 to register or for more information.