DUMP TRUCK FLIPS ON US 13.Eugene A. Matthews of Laurel was operating a dump truck owned by Kaye Construction when he failed to see traffic stopped on US 13 north at the intersection of Middleford Road at approximately 3:57 p.m. last Wednesday. Matthews swerved his vehicle to avoid a collision, struck a concrete island and overturned. He was removed from his vehicle with assistance from Seaford Volunteer Fire Department volunteers and taken to Nanticoke Memorial Hospital, where he was treated for neck and back strain and released.
Photo by Michael Sullivan.
Gold Star Restaurants
- Pages 16,17
Cleanup Day revisited
- Seaford residents may have a spring cleanup. The city council is looking for funds for the week-long project. Page 4
Marina court action
- The Delaware Superior Court has remanded the Blades Marina permit to DNREC for clarification. Page 5
The big event
- The Roberts Bros. Circus is coming to Seaford on Wednesday, May 9. Page 6
- Three separate traffic accidents have claimed three lives. Page 8
- Seaford Police are seeking funds to help them in a crackdown on aggressive drivers. Page 11
- Seaford's mayor is organizing a committee to study the scooter issue. Page 14
- Delaware will spend $250,000 to re-administer missing tests. Page 19