Concert to benefit Brown
An evening of southern gospel music featuring Ole Time Gospel Singers Pam Rush, Redeemed, the Robinson Family and Brittany Swift will be Saturday, March 15, at 6 p.m. at Christ Evangelist Church, Bethel Road, just west of US 13, Laurel.
An offering collected by Laurel firemen will benefit Laurel fireman Gerald Brown, who is suffering from leukemia.
St Lukeís to start care team
A pastoral care team is being organized at St. Lukeís Episcopal Church in Seaford. Training for spiritual caregivers will begin during the Lenten season. This ministry will serve in conjunction with the rector, the Rev. Jeanne Wise Kirby, and will be a supportive ministry to those experiencing illness, incapacitation, bereavement, or trials of everyday life. An informational meeting will be held at 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, March 9, at St. Lukeís Parish House, King and North streets, Seaford.
Beginning on Wednesday, March 12, St. Lukeís will hold a Lenten program each Wednesday evening. At 6 p.m. in the parish house there will be a covered-dish supper featuring simple Lenten fare followed at 7 p.m. by Stations of the Cross in the church. The church is located on Front Street in Seaford and the Parish House is at North and King streets.
The weekly Wednesday morning service will begin at 10:30 a.m. in the church and will include Holy Eucharist and the Litany of Healing with Laying on of Hands. On the second Wednesday of each month, the service will be held at the Manor House Chapel (multi-purpose room) on Middleford Road in Seaford.
Indoor flea market planned
St. Johnís United Methodist Church, will hold an indoor flea market Saturday, March 22, 7 a.m. to noon. Vendors are welcome. For details, call 628-1131.
The church is on Pine Street, Seaford.
Baptist church plans revival
Laurel Baptist Church, US 13 south of Laurel, will hold a revival Sunday, March 9, through Wednesday, March 12, at 7 p.m. nightly. The Rev. Scott Marsh, a graduate of DeVry Institute and a student at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas, will be the preacher. A nursery will be provided nightly. Refreshments will be served Wednesday following the service.
St. Johnís to serve roast beef
St. Johnís United Methodist Church, Pine Street, Seaford, will hold a roast beef dinner Saturday, March 15, 5:30 to 7 p.m. in the fellowship hall. Tickets are $8 for adults, $4 for children under 12.
Church plans breakfast, lunch
Line Church, Delmar, will have a breakfast, lunch and bake sale on Saturday, March 8, beginning at 7 a.m.
Pennies from heaven
The Woodland United Methodist Church youth group is sponsoring a penny party in the churchís community hall Saturday, March 8, at 7 p.m. Cost is $2. Items will include Longaberger baskets and Yankee candles. There will be free refreshments. The church is located in Woodland, near the Woodland Ferry.
Gospel musician Doug Fluharty will perform at Woodland UMC Sunday, March 9, at 7 p.m. Refreshments will be served following the concert.
Reunion Quartet to sing
The Reunion Quartet of Princess Anne, Md., will perform Sunday, March 9, at 6:30 p.m. at the Portsville United Methodist Church, Dogwood Lane, just west of Bethel. There will be refreshments after the concert. For details, call 875-4672 or 875-3628.
Mid-week Lent services set
- The Greater Seaford Ministerium will sponsor a series of Lenten mid-week worship services and luncheons. These half-hour services will be on Wednesdays at noon and will be followed by a light lunch at 12:30 p.m. The schedule is as follows:
- On March 12, the service will be held at Our Lady of Lourdes Roman Catholic Church, Stein Highway, with the Rev. Drew Christian, pastor of Gethsemane United Methodist Church, as the preacher.
- On March 19, the service will be held at Christ Lutheran Church on Shipley Street, with the Rev. Sam McGarvey, pastor of the Atlanta Road Alliance Church, as the preacher.
- On March 26, the service will be held at the Seaford Presbyterian Church, Bridgeville Highway (Rt. 13A), with the Rev. John Harrison, pastor of Our Lady of Lourdes Church as the preacher.
- On April 2, the service will be held at Mount Olivet United Methodist Church, High Street, with the Rev. Andrew Watkins, pastor of Christ Lutheran Church, as the preacher.
- On April 9, the service will be held at the Atlanta Road Alliance Church, with the Rev. David Humphrey, pastor of St. Johnís United Methodist Church, as the preacher.
World Day of Prayer set
Concord Methodist Church will participate in World Day of Prayer Friday, March 7, with a service at 10 a.m. This yearís theme is ďHoly Spirit, Fill Us.Ē Child care will be provided and lunch will follow the service. For details call Jean Pianka, 875-1367, or Pat Whaley, 629-7706.
Bethel Church plans luncheon
Bethel Church will host a luncheon in its community building Saturday, March 15, from 11:30 to 1 p.m. Members of the church will serve soup, sandwiches and desserts. The church is west of Seaford on Oak Grove Road. For details, call Lucy Slacum, 629-7117.